Have you ever wondered the intention behind and meaning of specific flowers might be? Then you will be interested in the symbolic meaning of flower . The symbolism was originally created to help people express themselves – particularly when they could not find the words to speak. This expression of feelings through flowers became an effective medium in addition to romantic note – for those hard pressed to put into words what they felt.
Throughout the ages, people became increasingly fond of sending flowers, especially when the reaction of the recipient was a positive one. If you are one of those people, it is essential that you know what flower to send and with what meaning you are trying to convey.
To learn the symbolic meaning of flowers of a handful of popular flowers, refer to the following chart of flowers and their meanings.
- White Carnation – Pure and Ardent Love
- Red Carnation – My Heart Aches for You
- Red Chrysanthemum – I love You
- Forget-Me-Not – True Love
- Lilac – First True Love
- Primrose – Young Love
- Red Tulip- Perfect Love
- Aster – Love, Daintiness, and Patience
- Daisy – Innocence, Loyal Love, I’ll Never Tell
- Hyacinth – Forgive Me or I’m Sorry
Roses are one of the most famous and preferred flowers for both men and women. But, you should also know that certain colors of roses have different meanings. For example:
- Red Roses represent respect, courage, passionate love and unity, while the full blown red roses convey a message: I love you.
- White Roses signify endless love, innocence, purity, spiritual love and anticipation of happiness.
- Pink Roses stand for elegance, sophistication, gracefulness and refinement with the combination of fun and light-heartedness.
- Yellow Roses mean strong feeling of pure joy, freedom, and friendship.
- Orange Rose symbolizes enthusiasm, desire, and fascination and it expresses a message that says: I’m Proud of You!
The following flowers represent different aspects of friendship:
- White Jasmine – Friendliness
- Zinnia – Thoughts of Far-Away Friends
- Bird of Paradise – Joyfulness
- Chrysanthemum – You’re a Wonderful Friend.
Knowing the symbolic meaning of flowers and can help you decide which flowers to order that will best express how you feel about them.